Lectade - Single Sachet or Box of 12 from
Sold as a singe 64gm sachet (part A and B) or by the Box (12 x 64 Sachets)
Lectade Duo oral rehydration therapy sachets contain a balanced mixture of glucose, glycine and electrolytes. Lectade oral rehydration therapy is recommended as a non-antibiotic supportive treatment for dehydration and diarrhoea, including those suffering debilitating viral disease (e.g. canine parvovirus or feline panleucopenia).
- Dehydration (simple or associated with diseases such as canine parvovirus and feline panleucopaenia)
- Post travelling stress and dehydration
- Post-surgical or disease convalescence
- Concomitant treatment of viral or bacterial scours
- Glucose | undiluted - 44.61 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 22.30 g/L
- Glycine | undiluted - 6.18 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 3.08 g/L
- Citric Acid Monohydrate | undiluted - 0.48 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 0.26 g/L
- Potassium Citrate | undiluted - 0.12 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 0.06 g/L
- Potassium Phosphate Monobasic | undiluted - 4.08 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 2.04 g/L
- Sodium chloride | undiluted - 8.58 g | diluted as “Lectade Solution” - 4.28 g/L
Glucose and glycine are actively absorbed by the intestinal tract causing water and sodium to be absorbed simultaneously with these nutrients, ensuring a high degree of rehydration in scouring and dehydrated dogs and cats.
Dosage and Administration
Add the contents of section A and section B to 2 L of warm water. Stir until dissolved. Feed the quantity prescribed; refrigerate the remainder for next use. Prepare fresh solution daily. Sections A and B must be used together. To prepare 500 mL of solution, 1 level 5ml. medicine spoonful of powder from section A to 3 heaped spoonfuls of powder from section B; stir until dissolved.
Make available the solution following specific treatment for the condition indicated. The following doses are recommended; give two to three times daily. Miniature dogs, cats: 125ml. Small dogs: 250ml. Medium dogs: 500ml. Large dogs: 750ml.
Approximately 75% of dogs find Lectade palatable and will drink the solution voluntarily. Palatability for cats is variable. Lectade may also be administered orally via dosing syringe. Continue treatment for one to two days after the animal appears clinically recovered and is feeding normally.