Canine Breast Pump Syringes - Various Sizes from
Canine Breast Pump Syringes
Our manual breast pump syringes are a great tool for milk extraction***. They are reusable and operate smoothly time after time. Latex free & non-toxic and available in various sizes.
Not designed for long term use.
Not designed to obtain large amounts of milk***.
Great for obtaining colostrum for pups, fostering or supplemental feeding.
Relieves pressure reducing the risk of mastitis.
Use in emergency situations or to help bring mothers milk down.
- 5cc (hole for nipple is approximately the size of the old 1 cent piece)
- 10cc (hole for nipple is approximately the size of a 5 cent piece)
- 20cc (hole for nipple is approximately the size of a 10 cent piece)
- 30cc (hole for nipple is approximately the size of a between a 10 and 20 cent piece)
- 50cc (hole for nipple is approximately the size of a 20 cent piece)
Please note: We have found that some dogs may require two sizes as they can have teats of varying sizes
Directions for use:
- you must obtain an airtight seal around the bitches nipple
- you may need to trim the hair from the area around the nipple to get a seal
- Pull the plunger to extract milk (try to mimic the suckling of a puppy)
- you must obtain a proper seal with no air leaks for this to work properly
- using a warm compress on the teat will help the milk to come down
- works best when female is in a standing or laying down position as it allows the milk to pool in the syringe and be collected
- Remove the breast pump from the bitch in a manner that keeps milk within the syringe.
- Extracted milk may immediately be used with our syringe nursers, feeding tubes, feeding sponge or our range of bottles.
The Mothers milk or colostrum can be frozen in ice cube trays. Remove from trays and place in an airtight container or bag for later use.